Xavier Aptitude Test (XAT)
ABOUT EXAM | ELIGIBILITY | COUNSELLING | APPLICATION FEE | IMPORTANT DATES & EVENTS
what is XAT?
Xavier Aptitude Test (XAT) is a management exam conducted once a year for admission to MBA, PGDM (Human Resource Management/ Business Management/General Management) programmes. For more than 60 years XLRI, Jamshedpur is conducting XAT at all India level to select the candidates for management education. XAT is conducted online mode over 46 cities across India. Over 800 B-schools accept XAT scores for admission to their PG management programmes.
A Candidate giving XAT is evaluated on different attributes by presenting them a questionnaire of 100 MCQs from Decision Making (21 questions), Verbal &Logical ability (26 questions), Quantitative Ability & Data Interpretation (27 questions) and General Knowledge (25 questions).
Candidates who are interested to appear for XAT 2020 Entrance Test are required to fulfill the Eligibility Criteria.
- Candidates appearing for XAT entrance exam must attain the eligibility criteria
- Candidate must have completed a 3- year bachelor’s degree or any other recognized equivalent exam/ certification from any stream. Candidate with a backlog on their mark sheet are not eligible.
- Foreign candidates and NRI applicants (other than those of Dubai and Kathmandu) may register to appear for XAT entrance exam on the basis of their GMAT scores.
- Applicants in their last year are eligible to apply for XAT 2021. There is no age limit for the XAT entrance exam.
- XAT registration fee (without late fee): ₹ 1700 (An amount of ₹ 300 each is to be paid as an additional fee for students who are interested in XLRI programmes)
- XAT registration fee (with late fee): ₹ 2000 (An amount of ₹ 500 each is to be paid as an additional fee for students who are interested in XLRI programmes).
- Indian candidate applying for GMP through GMAT: ₹ 2500
- NRI/Foreign Candidate applying for one or more programs through GMAT: ₹ 5000.
xat 2020 counselling
There is no centralized counselling procedure for XAT 2020. Each Institute has its own counselling procedure. Candidates who on the basis of their score in XAT 2020 and other selection rounds like PI & GD make it to the final merit list will be called for counselling.
- To participate in the counselling procedure a candidate is required to register themselves on the official website of their preferred college or Institutions (Fee varies with different Institutes).
- The next step after registration is choosing a preferred course in the institution. Note: After choosing a course and locking it NO ALTERCATIONS CAN BE DONE.
- On the basis of the choices filled by a candidate, merit list, and seat availability final seat allotments are carried out. Candidates have to report to their allocated venue to verify their documents in order to finalize the admission process.
Documents Required for Verification:
- Original and photocopy of XAT Counselling letter.
- Original and photocopy of XAT 2020 Admit Card.
- Class 10th& 12th or any equivalent examination marks sheets and Certificates; Bachelor’s Degree.
- Rank card of XAT 2020
- Caste certificate (if applicable)
- Score card
- Medical Documents
- Passport size photographs color and black &white(6 photos)
- Bank draft as per the guidelines mentioned in XAT 2020 brochures.
Scoreweightage on different exam components:
Essay, GK, Academic profile, work-ex, video