ABOUT TISSNET EXAM
TISS National Entrance Test (TISSNET) is conducted by Tata Institute of Social Sciences, Mumbai(TISS). The scores obtained by a candidate in TISSNET are considered for the admission in the Post graduate courses. TISS at its different campuses around the country, Mumbai, Guwahati, Tuljapur, Hyderabad etc., offers more than 53 master’s degree programmes.
TISSNET exam is held in online mode. Candidates will get 100 minutes to answer 100 questions in MCQ format comprising of questions from English, Mathematical skills & Logical reasoning, and General awareness with the best of their ability. The schedule for TISSNET 2021 will be announced in 1st week of October (tentative).
- A candidate applying for the TISSNET 2021 should have graduated of any 3 years/ 4 years duration in any discipline or equivalent form a recognized university/Instituteor are in their final year of graduation (their admission will remain provisional until submission of the passing certificate).
- Admission to Master of Arts in (Organization development, change & Leadership), a Candidate is required to have a work experience of at least 2-years in any field (after graduation).
- No age restrictions are stated by the Authorities conducting TISSNET.
TISSNET EXAM REGISTRAION PROCESS
- The registration procedure starts with the candidate registering themselves by providing their details and preferences online.
- Once registered successfully, the registration fee has to be made. Candidates are advised to keep a copy of dully filled-form and fee payment acknowledgement slip with them for any future reference.
For 1 course
For 2 courses
For 3 courses
₹ 1, 030
- After registering online and successfully paying the registration fee, candidates can proceed by filling the TISSNET 2021 application form. A Candidate is required to select the desired PG program and institutes and enter relevant details at the time of filling application form.
- After the registration is completed, candidates are provided with their Admit cards by the conducting authorities.
TISSNET EXAM IMPORTANT DATES
3rd week of October, 2020
Registration closes (Online)
4thweek of November, 2020
Registration Closes (Offline)
1st week of December, 2020
2nd week of December, 2020
Pre-admission orientation programme for SC/ST/OBC/Minority and PWD candidates
2nd week of December, 2020
TISSNET 2021 Exam
1st week of January, 2021
1stweek of February, 2021
Pre-Interview Test & personal Interview dates
2nd week of March, 2021- 4th week of March, 2021
Displaying list of selected candidates
3rd of April, 2021
TISSNET EXAM PATTERN AND SCORING
As mentioned above the question paper will have about 100 questions in the multiple choice format of moderate to high difficulty level from the sections of English proficiency, Mathematics & Logical reasoning and General Awareness.
A candidate can score a maximum of 100 in the test. For every correct answer 1 mark would be awarded to the candidate and no negative marking for any wrong or un-attempted answer. The Section wise break-up and difficulty level of TISSNET are stated in the table below:
Number Of Questions
Moderate to difficult
Logical reasoning & Mathematics
TISS, Mumbai has introduced TISSMAT as an additional test for admission to its management courses. TISSMAT’s question paper consists of 3 sections Comprehension, Data interpretation, Business Awareness each having 15 questions of 1 mark each.
TISSMAT has a provision for negative marking, for every wrong answer 0.25 marks will be deducted from the total score.
TISSNET EXAM COUNSELLING
TISSNET 2021 qualifying candidates are selected for admission on the basis of their merit, Rank scored in IIFT 2021 exam, and their performance in the Writing test, Group discussion (GD) and Personal interview (PI) rounds and the availability of seats in the chosen colleges according to the preference.
TISSNET score will only be used for shortlisting candidates for further rounds of PIT and GD/PI whose score aggregate would be aggregated in the ration of 70:30 in the final selection.
TISSMAT Score Aggregation:
Pre interview test (PIT)
Documents required at the time of Selection Process:
- TISSNET Score Card/ Hall ticket
- 5 Passport-size multiple photographs
- Original degree/provisional certificate
- Original and photocopy of Counselling letter
- Caste and Income certificate (if applicable)
Seat Reservation criteria: